R&D Mechanical Engineer - FEA Specialist
As a market leader, EMS sets new standards in the design, manufacturing and sale of devices used for medical and dental treatments. EMS products benefit from a tradition of flawless Swiss precision and craftsmanship.
Founded more than 30 years ago, EMS offers valuable solutions in the fields of:
- Dental Prevention – inventors of Guided Biofilm Therapy: evidence based protocol for biofilm management on teeth, soft tissues and implants and the original Airflow®, Perioflow® and PIEZON® technologies.
- Urology – market leaders in endoscopic lithotripsy, EMS shapes the history and future of stone management with its LithoClast® and LaserClast® product range.
- Shock Wave Therapy - inventors of RSWT® (Radial ESWT) and developers of the Swiss DolorClast® Method for the effective treatment of muscular-skeletal pathologies and dermatological conditions.
Respect, Excellence and Client orientation are EMS’ core values.
Quality is part of EMS’ DNA, it is engraved in EMS’ Mission.
Happy and healthy patients, successful clinicians and passionate partners, this is EMS’ mission. EMS delivers innovative and clinically proven treatment outcomes in the least invasive way. We are committed to fostering knowledge and skills by training and educating healthcare professionals, partners and employees.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ability to generate concept to support innovation on professional prophylaxis,
- Understand the clinical needs and be strength of proposal to address unmet needs,
- Model the concept,
- Develop FE models, mainly for acoustic and vibrational mechanical systems,
- Translate modeling results into functional prototypes,
- Prepare test plan for prototype evaluation,
- Lead the necessary iterations until design freeze.
- Analyze possible synergies with other application fields,
- Network developments: create and maintain relationships with research partners,
- Participate and potentially coordinate external activities.
- Provide support for mechanical R&D department,
- Provide support for other departments, mainly Product Quality Compliance, Marketing and Product managers,
- Coordinate activities with suppliers,
KEEP IT SIMPLE
► Strong ability to present complex solutions in clear, simple terms.
EDUCATION & PERSONAL SKILLS
Education and competencies
- EPF engineer or equivalent, in mechanical or microtechnics fields, with strong knowledges in mechanical vibration,
- Demonstrated experience in FEA, Abaqus a plus,
- Autonomy in CAD software, Solidworks a plus,
- Basic knowledges of micro-electro-mechanical devices, in medical field a plus,
- Ideally, good knowledge of machining and fabrication processes.
- Hands on,
- Solution oriented and perseverant,
- Positive attitude and enthusiast to develop high end devices,
- Open-minded, strong force to change established processes or technics,
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills for efficient feedbacks and transmission of scientific results
We are open to young professionals in case of exceptional potential of collaboration.
- Location: Nyon, Switzerland
- Need to travel: Occasionally
- Occupation: 100%