Product Manager Pain therapy - Medical
As a market leader, EMS sets new standards in the design, manufacturing and sale of devices used for medical and dental treatments. EMS products benefit from a tradition of flawless Swiss precision and craftsmanship.
Founded more than 30 years ago, EMS offers valuable solutions in the fields of:
- Dental Prevention – inventors of Guided Biofilm Therapy: evidence based protocol for biofilm management on teeth, soft tissues and implants and the original Airflow®, Perioflow® and PIEZON® technologies.
- Urology – market leaders in endoscopic lithotripsy, EMS shapes the history and future of stone management with its LithoClast® and LaserClast® product range.
- Shock Wave Therapy - inventors of RSWT® (Radial ESWT) and developers of the Swiss DolorClast® Method for the effective treatment of muscular-skeletal pathologies and dermatological conditions.
Respect, Excellence and Client orientation are EMS’ core values.
Quality is part of EMS’ DNA, it is engraved in EMS’ Mission.
Happy and healthy patients, successful clinicians and passionate partners, this is EMS’ mission. EMS delivers innovative and clinically proven treatment outcomes in the least invasive way. We are committed to fostering knowledge and skills by training and educating healthcare professionals, partners and employees.
The Product Manager is responsible for both the upstream and downstream marketing activities of the Pain therapy line of products. This includes preparing the 3 year strategy roadmap, develop the marketing launch plan for new products, pilot the creation of marketing and sales collaterals and train the sales force on value.
We are at a cornerstone for the Pain Therapy business at EMS: 2 new products will be launched next year. This means that the Product manager Pain therapy will have to understand the physiotherapy / rehabilitation needs and prepare the market launch of these 2 products. As the leader of the Pain therapy business, he/she will develop the market launch plan and travel globally to train the sales force.
The Product Manager must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. He/She must be an excellent communicator capable of communicating and influencing at all levels of the organization. He/she must be able to convincing customers thanks to his/her understanding of their needs and of the value of our clinical solutions.
He/She will work closely with the project managers and development team to define product release requirements. The Product Manager will also work with marketing & communication group to define the go-to-market strategy, helping it understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
The Product Manager needs in depth understanding of the competitive context.
The Product Manager will report to the head of marketing Medical.
- Analyze market for evolving trends in clinical applications, new product and technologies, to develop EMS Pain Therapy Strategy.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering) through market requirements, marketing claims and product validation.
- Work closely with Area Sales Managers. Convince and federate them around his/her marketing tactics and train them on marketing Tools.
- Product portfolio financial performance (revenue, margin contribution)
- Solid Product positioning and clear differentiation (achievement of unique technical selling points) within roadmap and against competition
- New product introduction rate (amount)
- Solid 3 year business plan and product roadmap
Product satisfaction index (NPI)
KEEP IT SIMPLE
► Strong ability to present complex solutions in clear, simple terms.
- Engineering (MBA is a plus) or Master degree with good technical knowledge
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Good understanding of the medical industry and good clinical knowledge
- Previous sales or sales process experience
- Interpersonal & management skills
- Strong Presentation & Communication skills
- Mobility and willingness to travel up to 40%
- Resistant to stress and pressure
- French & English, German and or Italian are a plus.